Thailand’s Bangkok Airways is launching an unlimited flight pass that allows passengers unlimited domestic air travel for one year. The flight pass that the regional carrier calls the “Elite Card” is available for sale from 1 November and costs 100,000 Baht ($3,212), excluding VAT.
The card comes with other benefits
Mr. Chulin Kocharoen, Vice President – Sales and Acting Vice President – Marketing of Bangkok Airways, said in a press release:
“Bangkok Airways Elite Card is our most “one-of-a-kind” product ever offered. This is an amazing opportunity for our frequent flyers who are seeking our top value-for-money product. Bangkok Airways Elite Card will allow its members to enjoy unlimited travel on all domestic flights throughout 2021 (1 January – 31 December 2021); terms and conditions apply. Members can book their travel from 16 December 2020 onwards, and the card can be used for travels from 1 January – 31 December 2021.”
“Furthermore, members will also be entitled to great benefits such as being automatically enrolled for Bangkok Airways Premier status, preferred seat assignments, priority airport standby status, and reservations waitlist, premier check-in Counter (at available airports), free unlimited reservation modifications (travel date changes, flight changes) and a 10% discount for Bangkok Airways inflight shopping. In addition to that, members will receive Blue Ribbon Club lounge access (BRC) with extra Blue Ribbon Club lounge vouchers for companions (5 vouchers) valued at 4,750 THB ($152.59), extra baggage allowance of 10 kilograms (from normal 20 kilograms) as well as discount privileges and offers with our Beyond Flying Privileges partners.”
Bangkok Airlines is based at Suvarnabhumi Airport
Anyone interested in purchasing the “Elite Card” can do so at any Bangkok ticketing office Monday to Friday between 08.00 hrs. – 17.30 hrs.
Based at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) in Thailand’s capital Bangkok, Bangkok Airlines operates, according to aviation website Planespotters.net a fleet of 37 aircraft with an average age of 10.3 years.
Bangkok Airways fleet is made up of the following aircraft:
- 13 ATR 72s
- 15 Airbus A319-100s
- 9 Airbus A320-200s
Domestic destinations in which Elite Card members can fly to include the following airports:
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX)
- Hat Yai International Airport (HDY)
- Krabi International Airport (KBV)
- Lampang Airport (LPT)
- Mae Hong Son Airport (HGN)
- U-Tapao–Rayong–Pattaya International Airport (UTP)
- Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Samui Airport (USM)
- Sukhothai Airport (THS)
- Trat Airport (TDX)
Bangkok Airways has 11 International destinations
As well as the above domestic destination Bangkok Airways also flys to the following international destinations:
- Da Nang International Airport (DAD), Vietnam
- Hong Kong International Airport (HGK), China
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL), Malaysia
- Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ), Laos
- Velana International Airport(MLE), Maldives
- Mandalay International Airport (MDL), Myanmar
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport (NYT), Mayanmar
- Yangon International Airport (RGN), Myanmar
- Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH), Cambodia
- Siem Reap International Airport (REP), Cambodia
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN), Singapore
Bangkok Airways Elite Card is a good deal for frequent flyers in Thailand and maybe of interest to people who want to take a year off and tour the country. To give you an idea of fares, a one-way ticket between Bangkok and Koh Samui costs $77 for the one hour and ten-minute flight.
What do you think about Bangkok Airways Elite Card? Please let us know your thoughts in the comments.