Fill the Form if you would like to Book Cheap Travel from the uk and Ireland with Sharingcost.com or just scroll down for content
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) published information about Effects of Novel Coronavirus on Civil Aviation.
The latest estimates indicate that the possible COVID-19 impact on world
scheduled passenger traffic for the full year 2020, compared to Baseline
(business as usual, originally-planned), would be:
- Overall reduction ranging from 43% to 51% of seats offered by airlines
- Overall reduction of 2,423 to 2,907 million passengers
- Approx. USD 323 to 385 billion potential loss of gross operating revenues of airlines
International passenger traffic for 2020, compared to Baseline
- Overall reduction ranging from 55% to 65% of seats offered by airlines
- Overall reduction of 1,214 to 1,422 million passengers
- Approx. USD 216 to 253 billion potential loss of gross operating revenues of
- Air passenger traffic: An overall reduction of air passengers (both international and domestic)
ranging from 50% to 60% in 2020 compared to 2019 (by ICAO)
- Airports: An estimated loss of over 50% of passenger traffic and 57% or over USD 97 billion
airport revenues in 2020 compared to business as usual (by ACI)
- Airlines: A 54.7% decline of revenue passenger kilometres (RPKs, both international and
domestic) in 2020 compared to 2019 (by IATA)
- Tourism: A decline in international tourism receipts of between USD 910 to 1,170 billion in 2020, compared to the USD 1.5 trillion generated in 2019, with 100% of worldwide destinations having
travel restrictions (by UNWTO)
- Trade: A fall of global merchandise trade volume by between 13% and 32% in 2020 compared
to 2019 (by WTO)
- Global economy: A projected -4.9% to -5.2% contraction in world GDP in 2020, far worse than
during the 2008–09 financial crisis (by IMF and World Bank)
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is a UN specialized agency, established by States in 1944 to manage the administration and governance of the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago Convention). ICAO works with the Convention’s 193 Member States and industry groups to reach consensus on international civil aviation Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and policies in support of a safe, efficient, secure, economically sustainable and environmentally responsible civil aviation sector.
Do not miss next TRAVEL DEAL! SIGN UP HERE and get exclusive travel offers to your email box.
Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe. Part of the Booking Holdings, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms with a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide.
Tours and excursions:
Do not have time to think about accommodation and tours? Have you heard about Tourradar? Multi-day tours to every part of the world: Safaris, Treks, Coach trips, Cruises, White Water Rafting, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Kayaking, Overland Trips and many more.
Have a look at Trip Advisor as well when planning your holiday to find out what’s hot and what’s not when it comes to all the local attractions.
You can find the best car rental prices in AutoEurope.com.
For over 60 years, Auto Europe has been a leader in worldwide car rental services and helped over 10 million travellers find the best options when travelling abroad. Through long-term relationships with top suppliers like Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, National, Budget, Dollar, Buchbinder and Peugeot AutoEurope offer travellers the best rates at 20,000 pickup locations in over 180 countries worldwide.
Worldwide travel medical insurance for Nomads. Only from $37 / 4 weeks from all over the world, affordable travel medical insurance for anyone, especially for long-term travellers and digital nomads.
Save money with Free Debit card:
Free Debit card by Revolut, N26, Monese or Transferwise, with no any fees? Sounds too good to be true, but believe or not, this exists already for years. This should help protect your pocket. All these 4 cards are great choices for international travellers, get your FREE card: https://travelfree.info/best-free-debit-cards-for-travellers/
CURVE. Manage all of your bank accounts from one smart card using an app. You can enjoy £5 absolutely free with the Curve discount when you sign up to Curve and make your first transaction. Do not miss a great opportunity!
Learn new skills
Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes for creative and curious people, on topics including Design, Business, Photography, Tech, and More. It’s an online, subscription-based e-learning community platform. Get SkillShare Free Premium Membership for 2 months.
The post ICAO prepared economic impact analysis of COVID-19 on civil aviation appeared first on TravelFree.