To create a further stimulus for traveling within Europe, Miles&More has started a promotion, where you’ll earn 4 times (without a status) or 5 times (status holders) more award miles. That means that you’ll earn 20 or 30 miles per spent Euro for economy-class trips within Europe.
You have to register for this promotion using a link, that was sent per email. It is a unique link, so it will only work for you. We cannot tell if this is a personalized promotion. Simply check your emails to see if you’ve received it. It may arrive later for some people than for others.
The offer is valid for all short and medium-haul destinations within Europe between August 1st and September 30th, 2020. This only applies to tickets issued by Lufthansa (ticket number starting with 220), Swiss (724), Austrian Airlines (257), Brussels Airlines (082), or Eurowings.
You can use this offer on max. 8 flights, limited to the following countries:
Here are the complete terms & conditions:
Terms & Conditions
- This promotion only applies to flights in Economy Class operated by Deutsche Lufthansa AG within the travel period from 1.8. to 30.9.2020.
- With this promotion, you receive 20 award miles for every 1 euro airfare as a member without frequent flyer status or 30 award miles for every 1 euro airfare with frequent flyer status
- Multiple miles will not be awarded on Executive Bonus, HON Circle, select and status miles as part of this promotion.
- You must register by 31.8.2020 to take part in this promotion.
- Bookings can only be taken into consideration if you quote your Miles & More service card number at the time of booking.
- This offer is non-transferable and is not valid in connection with other Miles & More promotions.
- The additional award miles will be credited automatically after each flight for a maximum of eight flights within the travel period.
- Only flights for which the system used for calculating award miles is based on the airfare will receive additional incentives. The airfare is equivalent to the ticket price plus the surcharges charged by Lufthansa.
- If you book through Lufthansa’s direct sales channel LH.com or through other sales channels of the Lufthansa Group, the airfare in euros will be used to calculate the award miles to be allocated.
- If you book through a third-party sales channel, i.e. a travel agency or travel portal, you will see from the ticket number whether this system is used for allocating award miles. If the first three digits of your ticket number are 220 (Lufthansa), 724 (SWISS), 257 (Austrian Airlines), 082 (Brussels Airlines), 101 (Air Dolomiti) or Eurowings, award miles will be calculated according to the airfare.1 (Air Dolomiti) oder Eurowings, award miles will be calculated according to the airfare.
As usual, the miles are not calculated based on the actual amount of money that you pay, but instead only the base fare + internal fees. That means that a Lufthansa flight (e.g. you pay €200, with a base fare of €100) you would get 2,000/3,000 award miles instead of the usual 500/600. This is just a rough example.
Translated by: Ditmar Lange