Oneworld member British Airways offers discounted nonstop flights from London-Gatwick to Bergamo, the Italian city that lies roughly 50 km outside Milan. Roundtrips start at £150 (~€167) and include two free checked bags up to 32kg! Not only is this price barely higher than if you’d be flying in economy class with luggage, but this also lends itself perfectly for a small status run as it is a quick way to earn 80 tier points in British Airways Executive Club.
Airbus A320-200 family aircraft operate flights in both directions, featuring British Airways’ European Business Class Club Europe. A particularly interesting feature in these (Corona) times: The seat next to you is blocked!
By the way, this isn’t our only deal from London:
London – Milan: Wizz Air Roundtrips in Either Direction for €20 (€64 with Luggage)
Munich: Lufthansa Flights From Various European Cities Starting at €85 (€118 With Luggage)
Australia: €673 Star Alliance Flights From London (incl. Luggage)
Iceland: €46/£42 Nonstop from Luton to Reykjavík (Cabin Bags Only)
Northern Mariana Islands: €535 Full Service Flights with Qatar Airways from Europe
Kazakhstan: Star Alliance Flights From All Over Europe Starting at €291
Search & Book
According to fare rules, there are no restrictions. Availability starts in November. We recommend looking for dates on Google Flights (instructions) and entering the dates you’ve found on British Airways’ website
British Airways issues tickets in booking class I. While your earnings are limited by the short distance of the trip, you still can expect a bit of mileage. This is the base mileage without any tier bonuses for a Gatwick-Bergamo roundtrip:
- 2,940 on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 2,370 on Finnair Plus
- 1,770 on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 1,770 on British Airways Executive Club
- 1,770 on Iberia Plus
- 1,470 on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 1,470 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 1,470 on Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- 1,470 on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 1,470 on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 1,470 on LATAM Pass
- 1,470 on American AAdvantage
- 1,470 on Asia Miles
- 1,470 on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
Data provided by wheretocredit.com. Without guarantee on correctness.
Additionally, you can earn 80 tier points by booking this roundtrip. As a result, this offer is a rather attractive mileage run. Travel-dealz member Patrick gathered further information on this topic here:
British Airways’ Club Europe
British Airways’ European Business Class Club Europe can be found across their Airbus A320 family short haul fleet. It uses the exact same seats that are used in Economy Class. The main diffenrence is that the middle seat is blocked within the usual 3-3 seating arrangement. Unfortunately, this still results in extremly small legroom (less than 80 cm).
In contrast, the main benefits of Club Europe are lounge access (if available), free meal service and generous baggage regulations (2 checked bags up to 32kg). You can find a more detailed review of the product here.
* What the star implies: Links marked with a * mean that we will receive a commission if a booking or a specific action is made via the linked provider. There will be no additional costs for you, and in return, we can offer you Travel-Dealz without annoying display advertisement. Also, we won't receive any money just by setting links.