Fill the Form if you would like to Book Cheap Travel from the uk and Ireland with Sharingcost.com or just scroll down for content
Currently, Marriott Bonvoy offers a 60% bonus with the purchase of 2,000 or more Marriott Bonvoy points! The promotion runs until June 30, 2020. You can redeem your points in numerous hotels or transfer them to many frequent flyer programs. Also, you can buy twice as many points as usual: 100,000 instead of 50,000 per calendar year.
Note the applicable conditions:
- A maximum of 50,000 100,000 points can be purchased per calendar year. Including the current bonus, the limit amounts to 160,000 points.
- Points purchased will be credited within 48 hours.
- New Bonvoy members can buy points after 30 days if they have at least one account activity, otherwise after 90 days
- Points cannot be returned or refunded
Points can be bought in increments of 1.000, the discount applies from 5.000 points. Here are a few selected prices:
- 2,000 + 1,200 = 3.300 points at US$25 (~€23)
- 6,000 + 3,600 = 9.600 points at US$75 (~€68)
- 12,000 + 7,200 = 19.200 points at US$150 (~€135)
- 30,000 + 18,000 = 48.000 points at US$375 (~€338)
- 50,000 + 30,000 = 80.000 points at US$625 (~€563)
Effectively you’ll only pay US$7.81 (~€7.03) per 1,000 points including the discount.
Please buy points only if you have a redemption plan. Marriott may devalue points at any time, move hotels into higher categories or restrict redemption options such as conversion to frequent flyer miles.
Redeeming points for hotel stays
Marriott Bonvoy has a total of 8 hotel categories. Since a few days there are Peak & Off Peak subcategories for each one of the individual hotel categories. Thus on a day with a low occupancy rate a hotel can cost less but on a day with a very good occupancy rate it can cost significantly more.
If you book the night with purchased points, here are the prices that you’ll have to pay pay off-peak/standard/peak:
Sweet Spots: The Best Redemption Possibilities
The best way to redeem your pointes at the best value is to book redemption stays at hotels with very expensive cash rates, as is the case with almost all hotel loyalty programs programs. A good example is the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort on the Maldives. Cash rates start at around 1.200€ per night, but as an award stay, one night at a stanard rate could cost you only 85,000 points = $744 (~€672). Resulting in savings of 40%!
The only problem is that you can only buy a maximum of 50,000 100,000 points per calendar year. So you might have to use points collected through hotel stays, buy the points over two calendar years or transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards, for example.
It gets even better when you use the Fifth Night Free Benefit: If you book at least 5 nights as an award stay, every 5th night is free! For example, at the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, the price is essentially only 68,000 points/night = 571.20€, a saving of over 50%!
You can find availabilities on the Marriott Bonvoy website. Please note that you should not buy any points without a plan to redeem them; hoarding points is not recommended as they can be devalued any time!
Transfer Points to Frequent Flyer Programs
Fortunately, Marriott has kept the option of transferring points to many frequent flyer programs after the merger with IHG. The usual conversion ratio is 3 points to 1 mile:
Among them are many programs such as United MileagePlus (10% bonus!), Aegean Miles+Bonus, Delta SkyMiles, Emirates Skywards, Asiana Club, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer…
In addition, for every 60,000 points transferred, there you get a further 5,000 miles on top. If you convert 60,000 points into (usually) 20,000 miles, you will receive 5,000 miles as a bonus = 25,000 miles. This increases the conversion factor from 3:1 to 3:1.25.
If you buy (theoretically speaking of course, because of the point limit) 120,000 points for the price of $1,126 (about 996€) and convert them into 50,000 Asiana Club miles, you can book a Lufthansa First Class award flight to the USA for 50,000 miles + 200-300€ in taxes & fees. In the best case scenario, the First Class flight will cost you only around €1,200!
* What the star implies: Links marked with a * mean that we will receive a commission if a booking or a specific action is made via the linked provider. There will be no additional costs for you, and in return, we can offer you Travel-Dealz without annoying display advertisement. Also, we won't receive any money just by setting links.